Data Driven Cloud Computing Applications
CIT 50100/ 3 Cr.
This course introduces students to data hosted in cloud platforms and provides the opportunity to develop applications that read and write to those sources. Projects include transferring data to the cloud, development of a user interface, and development of software applications that meet user needs and utilize custom datasets.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Google Cloud Platform
By the end of the semester, each student should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences between commercial cloud providers
- Deploy a standalone cloud function (lambda) in a cloud-based environment
- Differentiate between different structures of databases and identify the appropriate storage method given the data to store
- Manipulate existing data into a logical format for use in a cloud-based application
- Construct an interface that allows external applications to interact with a custom dataset
- Develop data-driven applications that integrate cloud provider functionality
- Collaborate in agile development teams to produce applications based on user needs and expectations
- Evaluate resources for reputability for continuing education and reference