Fundamentals of Intelligent Agents
CIT 40700/ 3 Cr.
This course covers the concepts, applications, and theories of operations of Intelligent Agent Technology. An Intelligent Agent is a software program that uses communication protocols to exchange information for automatic problem solving. Students will perform an in-depth analysis of an Intelligent Agent for a specific application and construct a prototype of it.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CIT 21300, CIT 21400, and CIT 300-level Programming Language
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
- Describe the state of the art of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Explain and describe the use of Intelligent Agents in a particular discipline.
- Demonstrate the use of AI problem solving algorithms.
- Conceptualize and construct an Intelligent Agent.
CIT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(j) An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies. [IT]
(m) An understanding of best practices and standards and their application. [IT]
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence
- Overview of Intelligent Agents
- Theory of Intelligent Agent Operation
- Applications of Intelligent Agents
- Developing and Prototyping an Intelligent Agent