The E&T Honors Program was developed to provide additional recognition and benefits to outstanding students in the School of Engineering and Technology. Students do not have to be a member of the Honors College to participate.
The mission of the E&T Honors Program is to inspire and recognize academic excellence of our students.
Benefits of Participation
We expect a lot from our students, but we provide them with outstanding rewards for their efforts.
- Opportunities for Study Abroad funding through the IUPUI Honors College and the E&T Honors Program
- Funding for conference travel to support student attendance at academic and industry events.
- Honors notation on transcript upon successfully completing the E&T Honors Program
- Challenging and inspiring coursework and opportunities to work more closely with chosen faculty
- Membership in the IUPUI Honors College, including access to its scholarships, facility (computer lab, study space), and the Honors College Student Council
Students interested in applying to the School of Engineering & Technology Honors Program must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time at IUPUI and have earned at least 15 IUPUI hours in residence
- Be enrolled in or eligible for a major in the School of Engineering & Technology
- Have completed the freshman credits suggested by their program's plan of study
- Have at least 4 semesters remaining in their program to graduate
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Have the endorsement of a full-time faculty member*
- Honors students transferring from other colleges or universities should contact Susie Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for admission criteria specific to your circumstances
Continuing Program Requirements
To remain in the Engineering & Technology Honors Program and to graduate with honors, students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Earn a grade of B or better in each Honors course to earn Honors credit
- Earn 24 Honors credits with 12 of those Honors credits in the student's major
- Take no more than 2 Honors courses or Honors contracts per semester
We recommend also completing approximately 10 service hours an academic year, but these hours are not required.