Student file storage is available via IU Box. The IU Box service provides a simple, secure way to share and store files and folders online. Box consolidates your content in a single location, easily accessible from anywhere, on any device. You can create files and folders, share them using a direct link, invite others to collaborate, and continue to revise and review your content. Though similar in appearance to other consumer services such as Dropbox, Box can directly integrate with existing IU systems (e.g., accounts, CAS for single sign-on with your Network ID) and security. Your Box account quota is 100 GB.
Student File Storage
How do I create a box account?
How do I log into my Box account?
To login to your Box account:
- Go to box.iu.edu, where you will see a university-branded welcome screen.
- If you have not already done so, be sure to read Box acceptable use responsibilities to review your responsibilities as a Box user. Use of the service indicates acceptance of the stated terms.
- Click LOGIN and follow the prompts.
How do I authorize my box account?
- Use the Cloud Storage portal at https://cloudstorage.iu.edu/ to configure your storage preferences. The storage options you choose will then be available to you the next time you log into IUanyWare or use any IU-built workstation. To get started, click
- Use your IU credentials to log in if you are not already logged in, once logged in click BOX.
- To allow IUanyWare or any IU-build workstation to automatically access your IU Box account, click
AUTHORIZE, and then click
GRANT ACCESS TO BOX.
How do I map to my box account in Windows 7 or Vista?
- From the Start menu, right-click Computer and select Map Network Drive... .
- In the window that opens, click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures, and then click Next.
- Click Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.
- Enter the address https://dav.box.com/dav and click Next.
- When prompted for a user name and password, use your IU full email address as the username. Use your Box external password for the password, and click OK.
- Enter a name for your connection, click Next, and then click Finish.