The BS in Organizational Leadership requires 120 credit hours of coursework.
Future IUPUI Students:
Students applying to the OL major at IUPUI can view minimum admission requirements at http://engr.iupui.edu/infofor/future-students/infofor/index.php
Current IUPUI Students:
Students are eligible to enter the Organizational Leadership BS degree program as soon as they complete the following prerequisites:
- ENG-W 131 (C- or higher*)
- COMM-R 110 (C- or higher*)
- 3.0 credit hours of mathematics approved on List A (IUPUI's Analytical Reasoning; Option 2) - MATH M118 or higher*
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
*All transfer credit, including coursework resulting in completion of the IN Statewide Transfer General Education Core, must be a grade of C or higher to be used to fulfill course requirements for all OL programs. OL accepts MATH 123 at Ivy Tech only if students complete the STGEC Certificate.
Effective fall 2019, students who are not admitted to Organizational Leadership program as a freshmen or new transfer student must complete a brief internal application and submit electronically. For access to the online application, contact Elizabeth Wager at firstname.lastname@example.org
OL BS Curriculum
Complete the following:
- IUPUI or Transfer General Education Core (GEC) curriculum (30 credits)
- OLS Core Curriculum (31 credits)
- OLS Pathway Electives (15 credits)
- A non-OL minor, certificate, or transfer A.S./A.A.S. degree that aligns with their career plan (24 credits)
- First Year or Transfer Seminar (1 credit)
- Writing/Business/Professional Communication Courses (6 credits)
- Statistics or Analtyical Reasoning List B for GEC requirement (3 credits)
- TCM 18000 or other approved GEC Cultural Understanding elective (1 credit)
- TCM 25000 or other approved Career Planning elective (1 credit)
- Open Electives (8 - 18 additional college electives to reach required 120 total)
Additional OL Curriculum Requirements:
- All OL majors must complete OLS 10000, Introduction to Organizational Leadership, in their first semester.
- External transfer students must complete a transfer or transitions seminar in their first semester in the OL major (currently listed as OLS 39900: Transition Seminar for Leadership Majors).
- A grade of C or higher is required for all coursework with the OLS prefix.
- Students may not enroll in OLS 39000 or higher core OLS courses until they are admitted to the department/major (see admission requirements above).
- Students must complete a minimum of 32.0 credit hours after admission to the department/major.
- An application for graduation is required at least one full semester prior to degree completion.
Transfer students, working professionals, and military veterans/service members may be eligibile for course exceptionis or prior learning assessment practices to support their degree completion efforts. For a complete academic progress review, please contact the department at email@example.com
OL seeks to accommodate all interested new and transfer students who satisfy the minimum program requirementsAs interest in the program grows, however, the application process may become more competitive.
IUPUI provides students with a list of critical courses for on-time degree completion in Organizational Leadership. Click here to view the iGPA Degree Map.