We combine courses from chemistry, mechanical engineering, physics and electrical engineering to create a strong knowledge base essential to success in this industry. Students also have the opportunity to take courses concentrating on critical energy issues such as green building, hybrid and electric transportation, fuel cells and bio fuels, and energy systems such as wind, solar and nuclear.
BS in Energy Engineering
Whether entering the workforce directly or continuing on to further education, graduates of this program will leave equipped to tackle the exciting and meaningful challenges ahead on the energy horizon.
Plan of Study
The BS in EEN requires 128 credit hours of coursework.EEN BS Plan of Study
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Energy Engineering program at IUPUI will:
- meet or exceed the expectations of their employers.
- pursue advanced study if desired.
- assume leadership roles in their professions and/or communities.
EEN Student Objectives
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.