The Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering at IUPUI has a five-year combined degree program in which students will receive both a BS in Energy Engineering (BSEEN) and a BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME). The total credit hours of this program is 146, compared to the single degree programs which require 128 traditional programs credits for the BSME degree and 30 traditional program credits for the MSME degree.
The BSEEN/BSME program requires 156 credit hours of coursework.
Complete Program Requirements
- The combined curriculum includes all of the core undergraduate courses required for both the BSEEN and BSME majors plus four elective courses in EEN (12 credits), three ME technical electives (9 credits), 3 General Education electives (9 credits) and one Science/Technical elective(3 credits) and one restricted elective (3 credits).
- The total credit hours required for this dual degree program are 156 hours. Note: the BSME program and BSEEN program individually require 128 credit hours. Thus a student can obtain two BS degrees by following this plan which includes an additional 28 credits.
- Students must be admitted to the MEE department. Students should indicate in their first year that they would like to pursue this option for appropriate advisement and course selection
- It is highly recommended for EEN students who are interested in pursuing this option to start the program in the third semester (after being admitted to the MEE department) to avoid loss of credits. Advising from the academic advisors early in the program is strongly encouraged.
- If a student decides to leave the Dual Degree program, the student can easily transition to an individual BS in either Energy Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Interested in this program speak to your MEE Advising Staff: