MSME THESIS GRADUATION CHECKLIST
Apply to Graduate Before Deadlines:
- May graduation deadline: October 15th
- August graduation deadline: January 15th
- December graduation deadline: May 15th
Submit Plan of Study for Approval:
- Must be Submitted and Approved BEFORE FINAL SEMESTER!!
- (Submit Plan of Study electronically via Purdue Graduate Database)
- REMINDER: If Plan of Study is LATE a $200 Late Fee may be accessed
- (Link to Purdue Graduate Database below)
Register for CAND 99100
- Monica Henry/Anita Sale (Instructor(s))
- You must be enrolled in CAND 99100 BEFORE FINAL SEMESTER STARTS
- **LATE CAND 99100 enrollment may be accessed a $200 Late Fee
- If you have completed all of your required coursework you may be eligible for CAND 99200
- **Register for at least 1 credit hour of Research Credit:
- ME 69800 (Enroll in your Research Faculty's ME 69800 Course)
- (contact Jerry Mooney for details on CAND 99200 eligibility)
THESIS Plan of Study:
- MUST include ALL of Your Research Members
- Example: 1 Chair and 2 Members ... or 2 Co-Chairs and 1 additional Member
- Follow the Plan of Study Guidelines:
- Plan of Study Instructions & Guidelines
- Be sure ALL course Titles are listed as they appear on your Transcripts.
- Use Research Area for your areas of study NOT Concentration.
- Math Courses to be used Must be listed as RELATED
- Do Not include your 9 credits of Reseach on your Plan of Study!
- Always submit Plan of Study as FINAL
- Note: your plan can be changed at any time after it has been approved!!
- Oral Defense:
- Submit Exam Form 8 (electronically via Purdue Graduate Database)
- Submit a Draft of your Thesis to ALL your Committee Members PRIOR to scheduling your defense:
- Must Submit 2 week prior to Defense Date (for both Form 8 & Draft Copies to members)
- Secure dates and submit form using ZOOM … IU ZOOM preferred.
Before securing a room check to ensure all members of your committee can make your defense time & date
Check Program Completion Requirements and Graduation Deadlines for your appropriate Graduating Semester for Oral Defense and other Deadlines:
- IMMEDIATELY AfterPassingOral Defense:
- Submit your ETAF Exam Form 9 Thesis Acceptance (electronically via Purdue Graduate Database)
- Thesis Format Review:
- Send your committee approved Thesis to Jerry Mooney for Review
- Send your Thesis via PDF directly to Jerry Mooney
- LAST DAY TO DEPOSIT YOUR THESIS JULY 28th
- Must be deposited in HammerRR & Scholarworks
THESIS WORK MUST BE IN LATEX (Overleaf)… provided FREE of Charge
THESIS Submissions in MS Word will be DENIED!!!!
Create Your Overleaf account by accessing the FREE Latex Overleaf sites provided by Purdue:
Please Schedule an appointment with Jerry Mooney if you need more details on Your Plan of study Submission!!!
You may schedule an appointment with Jerry Mooney via Student Appointment Scheduler (SAS) in One.IU
**Privileged Candidacy Registration**
- (CAND 99200 and CAND 99300, -0- credit)
- Enrollment in CAND 99200 or CAND 99300 is permitted only in exceptional cases with special approval from the IUPUI Graduate Office.
- You must have completed all of your 21 credit hours of coursework + 9 credit hours of Thesis Research credits to be eligible.
- Domestic Students
- International Students please check with OIA to be sure you are eligible
(Contact Jerry Mooney for details and the Required Eligibility Form) email@example.com