Seminar &Fundamentals of Engineering Review (no longer offered)
ME 40500/ 1 Cr.
A seminar series on mechanical engineering career options and guidance, professional development and licensing, and preparation for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
P: ME 34400, ME37200, and Senior Standing. C: ME 48200.
Lindeburg, FE Mechanical Review Manual, 1st Edition, Professional Publication Inc.
- To introduce students to current topics relevant to mechanical engineering. Seminar topics include interviewing, management evaluation of engineers, intellectual properties, career options.
- To prepare students for the FE examination in Indiana.
- Describe the process of licensing and registration of professional engineers as a part of lifelong learning for engineers. [f,k,h]
- Pass the practice FE exam. [a,c,e,f,h]
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in an economic and environmental context. [h]
- Describe interviewing and job application skills, and professional goals. [g,f,i]
- Describe management expectations of engineers. [f,j]
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues as covered in the seminar series [e,f,i,h]
- Describe a range of career and graduate school opportunities. [i]
Note: The letters within the brackets indicate the general program outcomes of mechanical engineering. See: ME Program Outcomes.
- Project Management
- Career Development and entrepreneurship
- FE Exam Preparation
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Mechanics of Materials
- Material Properties and 2 processing
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Computer Science
- Control Systems
- Engineering Economics and Design