Mechanical Engineering Laboratory I
ME 22501/ 1 Cr.
Experiments in thermodynamics, parametric design and component fabrication.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
- Measure the effect of design parameters.
- Apply the first law of thermodynamics to closed systems.
- Apply the first law of thermodynamics to open systems using a control volume analysis.
- Select materials and manufacturing processes for selected design concepts.
- Determine proper cutting speeds for the lathe and several materials.
- Work in teams to conduct experiments effectively and efficiently.
- Determine proper cutting speeds for the mill and several materials.
- Knowledge on using PTC Creo to output to 3D printer.
- Validate the final design through simulation and/or prototyping.
- Utilize computer-aided design tools in engineering design problems.
- Use PTC Creo to create solid models of various objects.
- Knowledge to use PTC Creo to extract two-dimensional engineering drawings from a solid model.
- Knowledge to use PTC Creo to assemble three-dimensional parts.
- Document the design activities and outcomes through product development file, drawings, and personal design electronic notebook.
- Compile, analyze and interpret collected experimental data and prepare technical reports.
- Laboratory Experiments
- Thermo Lab 1, Thermo Lab 2
- Machine Shop Safety
- Lathe, Mill, 3D Printing
- Creo Review & Advanced Topics