EEN 26000/ 3 Cr.
The objective of this course is to familiarize the students with various forms of available energy. The concept of these energies in terms of efficiency, raw material, safety, economy and environmental impact will be introduced.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
Pre-requisite :CHEM-C 105
Co-requisite: ME 20000.
Recommended: PHYS 25100 be taken before or at the same time
Upon the competition of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the basic concept of various energy systems and how they work.
- Be able to identify the components for each energy system.
- Apply energy and efficiency equations for simple models.
- To understand the feasibility, economic and environmental impact of each energy system.
- Explain the advantage and disadvantage of each energy system for current and future use.
- Be able to discuss the selection of particular energy system for specific application and location.
- Better understanding of energy consumption in various part of the world.
- Energy Tools
- Economy Tools
- Fossil Fuels
- Nuclear Energy
- Solar Energy
- Thermal solar energy
- Wind Energy
- wind tourbines
- Biomass Energy
- Geothermal Energy
- Hydro Energy