MS in Music Therapy
- Submission of the online application to the campus.
- Current music therapy board certification or international equivalent.
- All official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate study.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the undergraduate degree.
- Online audio/video content demonstrating musical competence on piano, voice, and guitar.
- Three letters of recommendation in support of the application (they may be on business letterhead or submitted through the online application link).
- In-person or telephone interview with graduate faculty member.
- Application fee payable through the online application.
30 credit hours for the degree.
Students have a choice between two plans of study: 1) Clinical Practice and 2) Research. Twelve hours of core music therapy are the same for both tracks (please see attached plans of study). The research track has an additional core course: Quantitative and Qualitative Research in Music Therapy and 9 credit hours for thesis research. It is possible to switch tracks any time after matriculation into the degree program.
- Average GPA of 3.0 to continue;
- No grades lower than “B” in core courses will be counted toward the degree;
- No grades lower than “C” in electives will be counted toward the degree:
If you have any questions, please contact the Music Therapy Program Director at email@example.com