The music minor is available to students majoring in other areas of study at IUPUI. The undergraduate Minor in Music requires students to complete 20 credit hours made up of the following requirements:
Core Courses - 6 cr.
- MUS-Z111 - Introduction to Music Theory - 3 cr.
- MUS-M174 - Music for the Listener - 3 cr.
Music Ensemble - 2 cr.
- Two credits in music ensemble courses - 2 cr.
- or MUS-Z100 – The Live Musical Performance
Music Electives - 12 cr.
- Any music course will count for the electives, including private lessons and ensembles.
All courses must be completed with a C or higher to count toward the minor. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 is required to award the minor. A minimum of 10 credit hours must be taken at IUPUI.