Computer Music Composition
MUS- Z 317/ 3 Cr.
Z317 Computer Music Composition I covers creative practices and techniques essential to the composition of electronic music. Students will investigate fundamental concepts of musical development, formal structure, and treatment of rhythm, harmony, texture and timbre in range of genres and historical contexts.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
• Learn creative strategies and problem solving skills important to the composition of electronic music.
• Explore key musical concepts that are essential to music composition.
• Develop the ability to produce original musical ideas.
• Learn notation and score production skills.
• Explore contemporary musical examples and important historical masterworks relevant to practice of music composition.