Rock Music in the 70’s and 80’s
MUS- Z 301/ 3 Cr.
This course provides an overview of Rock Music during its golden age. Z301 encompasses the time period between 1966-1983.
- Available Online: Yes
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
The Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock and Roll, Random House; 3rd edition (November 10, 1992) ISBN: 0679737286.
- Identify and describe some of the precursors of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Blues and Swing.
- Identify and describe some of the pioneers of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Little Richard, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, etc.
- Describe the social environment in which the music was created.
- Describe the impact the music had on society.
- Familiarize you with some of the best and most impactful songs of the early years of Rock and Roll (1930’s through 1965).