History of Rock ’n’ Roll Music
MUS-Z 201/ 3 Cr.
Survey of major trends, styles, and genres of rock music of the 1950s and 1960s, focusing on the work of artists and groups who have proved to have the most enduring significance.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
- Identify and describe some of the precursors of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Blues and Swing.
- Identify and describe some of the pioneers of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Little Richard, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, etc.
- Describe the social environment in which the music was created.
- Describe the impact the music had on society.
- Familiarize you with some of the best and most impactful songs of the early years of Rock and Roll (1930’s through 1965).