The History of Rock and Roll
MUS- Z 201/ 3 Cr.
This course provides an introduction to the history of Rock and Roll music. Z201 encompasses the time period between the 1930’s and 1965.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
- Identify and describe some of the precursors of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Blues and Swing.
- Identify and describe some of the pioneers of Rock and Roll music, e.g., Little Richard, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, etc.
- Describe the social environment in which the music was created.
- Describe the impact the music had on society.
- Familiarize you with some of the best and most impactful songs of the early years of Rock and Roll (1930’s through 1965).