Electronic Music Ensemble (ExME)
MUS-X 430/ 1 Cr.
Course offers experiences in learning the world of electronic music techniques.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
Consent of instructor.
- Ableton Live Suite
- Other DAW software (i.e. Logic Pro, Pro-Tools, etc.)
- Max - Student License ($59 12-month subscription)
- Other music or multimedia software
- Show basic understanding of audio software
- Produce original music for a computer music ensemble
- Develop expressive computer music performance in an ensemble setting
- Synthesize all objectives into concert performances
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
1 (a) Express ideas and facts to others effectively in a variety of formats, particularly written, oral, and visual forms.
1 (b) Comprehend, interpret, and analyze ideas and facts.
1 (c) Communicate effectively in a range of settings.
3 (a) Integrate and apply knowledge to enhance their personal lives.
3 (d) Integrate and apply knowledge to work across traditional course and disciplinary boundaries.
4 (a) Show substantial knowledge and understanding of at least one field of study.
4 (b) Compare and contrast approaches to knowledge in different disciplines.
6 (b) Explore, understand, and cultivate an appreciation for beauty and art.