MUS-X 341/ 1 Cr.
The mission of the IUPUI Guitar Ensemble is to bring together guitar players of all abilities and styles in a friendly, non-intimidating environment.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
Consent of instructor.
The goal of this course is to provide students with an opportunity to build their guitar skills through ensemble playing. Students will develop a better understanding of rhythm, improve their sight reading, and grow from the challenge of performing as a member of a group.
- Demonstrate a secure and effective technique. (NASM 1a)
- Demonstrate an awareness and control of tone production. (NASM 1a)
- Read and perform music in standard notation. (NASM 1c)
- Demonstrate efficient and effective practice methods. (NASM 1a)
- Articulate concepts regarding music theory and history as it applies to the guitar and musical interpretation. (NASM 1a)
- Develop overall musicianship and musicality. (NASM 1a)
- Perform a concert of diverse ensemble repertoire. (PUL 6; NASM 1b)
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
PUL 1: Core Communication and Quantitative Skills
PUL 2: Critical Thinking
PUL 6: Values and Ethics