Voice Class 1
MUS-V 101/ 2 Cr.
Introductory aspects of voice, basic vocal techniques, and a wide variety of vocal styles and literature; students perform solo and ensemble singing. No previous music experience required.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
The goals for this course are defined below to meet the standards and guidelines for NASM Accreditation:
• To enhance singing skills through use of correct vocal technique
• To understand and read musical notation
• To hear, identify, and work with musical elements which include rhythm, melody, harmony, structure, timbre and texture
• To become acquainted with songs from varied cultures and from different genres
• To learn a varied repertoire such as Italian, German, French, Spanish, and English, which would include opera, art song, musical theatre, jazz, and popular music
• To build self-confidence in performance
• To listen and evaluate others in performance
• To develop and defend musical judgements