Guitar Private Lessons
MUS- L 200/ 3 Cr.
Individual guitar lessons, 50 minutes each week. Additional applied fee. Time scheduled with instructor.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
As this course will be repeated throughout a student’s time in the program the specific repertoire, etudes, techniques, and skills covered will vary from semester to semester. In general, in each semester we will address the following objectives as appropriate to each students level, experience, and goals in the program.
- Develop a secure and effective technique.
- Develop an awareness and control of tone production.
- Develop reading skills in standard notation and lead sheet scores.
- Develop efficient and effective practice techniques.
- Develop an understanding of music history and theory as it applies to performance practice.
- Develop a repertoire appropriate to individual level.