MUS-L 100/ 2 Cr.
Individual guitar lessons, 50 minutes each week. Additional applied fee. Time scheduled with instructor. Interview/audition required.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
The goal of this class is to provide students with personal, one-on-one, professional lessons. By taking private lessons, students are able to progress at a more rapid rate as a result of the specific attention paid to their personal strengths, weaknesses, and goals.
- Demonstrate a secure and effective technique.
- Demonstrate an awareness and control of tone production.
- Read and perform music in standard notation.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective practice methods.
- Articulate concepts regarding music theory and history as it applies to the guitar and musical interpretation.
- Develop overall musicianship and musicality.
- Develop a repertoire.
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
1. Core Communication and Quantitative Skills
2. Critical Thinking
6. Values and Ethics