MUS- H 100/ 1-2 Cr.
Applied lessons offered both in lever and pedal harps. Students registering for one credit hour of applied music will receive a one 30-minute private lesson per week. Students registering for two credit hours will receive a one 60 –minute private lesson per week. Repeatable courses. Content changes each time course is offered. Prerequisite: permission of the instructor.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
- To provide students with an understanding of the possibilities of the harp as a viable instrument.
- To provide students with a knowledge of proper technique necessary to play the best possible level of a given harp repertoire.
- To provide students with a development of musical interpretations.
- To expand and to enlarge on harp repertoire.
Students will be able to:
- Play solo harp repertoire of different genres.
- Distinguish various styles of music repertoire.
- Display musicianship of high standard.
Students will demonstrate skills in:
- Basic creativity in improvisation.
- Being able to develop short programs.
- Communication with audience.
- Demonstration of good stage presence.