MUS-F 451/ 1 Cr.
This is a performance class, designed to further skills on each individual instrument, learn diverse styles of music, and work in a group setting. Private coaching will be offered and a performance will be scheduled for the end of the semester. Advanced musicians are encouraged. The following instruments may be included in this course: Flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, strings, guitar, piano, French horn, and voice. Performance at the end of the semester is required.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
- To provide students with an opportunity of playing music in an ensemble setting.
- To provide students with an opportunity of learning diverse repertoire.
- To provide students with the opportunity of improving rehearsal and practice skills.
- To provide students with an opportunity of a positive performance experiences.
Students will be able to:
- Improve individual musicianship and technical skills.
- Gain insight into various performance styles.
- Obtain understanding of working in an ensemble.
- Develop deeper appreciation of music.
Students will demonstrate skills in:
- Planning a performance program.
- Organizing performance ensembles.
- Selecting music of appropriate technical level for the ensembles.
- Setting short term and long term goals for accomplishing a goal of performing.
- Managing rehearsal and practice time.
- Assessing progress as students work together.
- Providing positive feedback and supportive criticism about performance.