MUS-N 533/ 3 Cr.
Articulation, testing, and refining of theoretically derived music therapy protocols with a client population of choice. Students will work in consultation with music therapy, nursing, and medical staff.
- Available Online: Yes
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
Thaut, M. (2000). A Scientific Model of Music in Therapy and Medicine. San Antonio: IMR Press.
Sidani, S. & Braden, C. (2011). Design, Evaluation, and Translation of Nursing Intervention. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Peterson, SJ & Bredow, TS (2009). Middle Range Theories: Application to Nursing Research, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health|Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
By the end of the class, students will:
- Integrate music therapy theory and research into an intervention protocol.
- Carry out a protocol and provide a rationale for any adaptations needed.
- Choose appropriate/relevant outcomes.
- Write a research report describing the protocol and outcomes.
- Students will develop 2 intervention protocols for a chosen patient population.
- Students will deliver the protocols to a chosen patient population and collect data on predetermined outcomes.
- Students will write a research report outlining the protocol and describing the therapeutic outcomes.