Mechanical Engineering Technology is a hands-on program that teaches the generation, transmission, and utilization of mechanical and fluid energy, as well as the design and production of tools, machines, and their products.
BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, alumni of the Mechanical Engineering Technology program at IUPUI will be able to:
- Work competently in technical and professional careers related to the field of Engineering Technology
- Achieve recognition and/or advancement consistent with their education
- Continue growth in professional knowledge through additional education, certification or licensing
MET Student Outcomes
At the time of graduation, IUPUI Mechanical Engineering Technology students will demonstrate:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.