The fields of architecture and interior design are extremely interrelated. Both require practitioners to sustain specific skill sets relative to computer-aided drafting, BIM and graphics for the purpose of communicating design ideas to the public. In an age of progressive technology, it is difficult for design professionals to stay abreast of the modern techniques and software programs which are needed to compete in a market flooded with fresh talent. This certificate will offer entry level training to out of date design professionals, or any individual wishing to augment their existing skill sets with the latest design related software applications.
Certificate in Architectural and Interior Design Graphics
The 15 credit hour curriculum:
- ART 11700 (3 cr) – Intro to Construction Drafting with AutoCad
- ART 12000 (3 cr) – Intro to Construction Drafting with BIM (Revit)
- CGT 21100 (3 cr) – Raster Imaging for Computer Graphics (Photoshop)
- ART 22300 (3 cr) – 3D Computer Modeling I (Sketchup)
- ART 32300 (3 cr) – 3D Computer Modeling II (Advanced Revit)
Interested in Non-Credit Training?
Upon completion of the Certificate in Architectural and Interior Design Graphics, students will be able to:
- Use Computer-Aided Drawing software to communicate 2 dimensional design ideas
- Use Computer-Aided Drawing software to communicate 3 dimensional design ideas
- Understand color theory, surface rendering and light control in relation to technical
- Electronically model furniture, interiors and architecture for a built environment
- Create photo-realistic renderings to communicate design ideas
- Effectively communicate graphic skill sets through a design portfolio
Candidates for this certificate are required to be formally admitted by the IUPUI Office of Admissions, but are not required to be a student in the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology. A history of some practical experience or familiarity with the fields of interior design or architecture is recommended, but not required.Note!
All students that intend on taking courses for the certificate will need to have a laptop that meets our minimum laptop specifications.
Fall semester start: June 1, Spring semester start: December 1.
Must have completed at least 26 credits from any regionally accredited college or university OR be a veteran. If you are a veteran, please contact the program director for admission information.
Visit the IUPUI Application site to complete the application.