Interior Design Technology
Technology from the inside out
Have an eye for beauty, plus a knack for efficiency? Are you energized by improving the aesthetics and functionality of the spaces around you?
If so, the Interior Design Technology program at IUPUI may be a smart match for you. Learn to create building interiors which improve quality of life and aesthetics, increase productivity, and protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
The mission of the Interior Design Technology program is to empower individuals with the necessary skills to enter the technology driven interior design industry of the new millennium, as well as implant a strong foundation of practical knowledge and methodology needed to design for the health, safety and welfare of the public. Classroom knowledge links applications to the field through multiple service-learning activities with community partners. Upon graduation, students will be equipped with visual presentation and communication skills necessary to work in multidisciplinary teams within the industry.
Why Interior Design Technology at IUPUI?
- Diverse student population and small class sizes
- Experienced, world-class faculty and staff
- Strong connections with local and national industry
- Innovative, multidisciplinary curriculum
- Globally recognized Purdue technology degree
- Numerous internship, research and travel abroad opportunities
Where do I work? How much can I earn?
- Space planner
- BIM specialist
- Commercial Designer
- Residential Designer
- Facility Planner
- Manufacturer’s Representative