Earn a Purdue University Degree Online!
MS in Technology - Facilities Management Emphasis
The M.S. in Technology: Facilities Management Emphasis is designed for working professionals. The curriculum, based on International Facility Management Association’s (IFMA) core competencies, was developed to provide students with a strong foundational knowledge in the areas of; facilities planning and management: facilities engineering systems: management of IT, telecommunications and video infrastructure: energy management for buildings: facilities contract management: financial aspects of facilities management: quality and productivity in industry: project management: and facilities maintenance and operation: culminating in an independent directed project experience. Additional coursework includes one elective in an area of interest including healthcare facilities management and emergency preparedness for facilities personnel.
If you are currently working in the field of facility management or have an interest in a career as a property manager, plant manager, facility manager, operations manager or other related area, you can enhance your career opportunities while earning a formal credential sitting at your computer. This 100% online degree program is designed to provide students with instructional material and assignments developed and delivered weekly by experienced instructors while still offering students the flexibility of managing their own time throughout the week.
Vision and Mission
The Facilities Management Program will be recognized both nationally and internationally as a leader in facilities management education and online delivery.
The Facilities Management Program provides a high quality online interactive learning environment delivering challenging curriculum focused on industry needs preparing our graduates for successful careers in the field of facilities management.
Program Outcomes and Goals
Three to five years after graduation, graduates of the MS:
- Perform competently in professional careers related to the field of Facilities Management
- Achieve recognition and/or advancement consistent with their education
- Continue growth in professional knowledge through additional education, certification or licensing
- To be engaged facilities management professionals who comprehend the ethical, social, environmental, and economic impacts of decisions and solutions.
- To be engaged citizens who seek service and leadership roles in professional societies and organizations, as well as the community.
Why FM at IUPUI?
• Robust curriculum with a balanced facilities management focus to develop strong management, technical and communication skills specific to facilities management responsibilities
• Program and curriculum designed for facilities management students.
• Faculty with real world experience
• Diverse mix of students from across the country
• Professional degree focused on application.