Applied Heat Transfer
MET 32900/ 3 Cr.
An applied approach to the introduction of basic vocabulary and concepts related to the steady state transfer (i.e. conduction, convection, radiation) will be covered. Additional topics will include heat exchangers, boilers and solar energy.
- Define the terms conduction, convection, radiation and associated vocabulary.
- Develop appropriate mathematical techniques and equations in heat transfer.
- Apply the problem solving methodology to heat transfer situations.
- Analyze the solutions to validate assumptions and other possible outcomes.
- Apply the heat transfer principles in the design of heat transfer equipment.
- Test the validity of theoretical concepts learned in selected laboratory experiments.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: No
P: MET 22000