Email advising questions and requests to ECE Undergrad Advising at email@example.com
How do I make an appointment?
- If you were provided a scheduling link, use that link to access EAB SSC Campus.
- If you do not have a link follow the steps below.
- Log onto one.iu.edu
- Search and select “EAB SSC Campus”
- Click on “Get Assistance” on the top right
- Select “Advising” as your appointment type
- Select "Academic Advising" as your category
- Select "Meet with my Advisor(s)" as your reason
- Select "School of Engineering & Technology" as your location
- Select Jane Simpson as your advisor if it does not default to your ECE advisor
Appointments last 20 minutes
Appointments are held in the ECE office, SL 160.
Who needs academic advising?
- Everyone! The main goal of advising is to help you routinely take inventory of your academic progress and career plans, ensuring that you are on the right path to maximize success in your education and future career.
- Holds -- You must meet with me before registering if you have one of these Engineering & Technology holds on your record:
- V00: Academic Probation with impact
- V03: Advising
- V05: Administrative
- V06: Academic Probation
- Permission for a class -- You must meet with me before registering for one of these courses:
When is a good time for academic advising?
- After the registrar releases the semester class schedule, but before your registration date is the best time to plan your schedule.
- Plan ahead! Don’t wait until two or three weeks before the beginning of a semester. It is a very busy time for everyone, and your classes may already be full.
How do I prepare for an advising appointment?
- Review your EE or CmpE plan of study (POS) and your academic advising report (AAR).
- Double check the courses you need.
- Verify pre- and co-requisite courses.
- Make a list of classes you plan to take. Bring this to your appointment.
- Remember - Spring-only courses are ECE 25500, 20800, 28200, and 38200; Fall-only courses are ECE 31100, 36500, and 44000.
- Make a note of questions and concerns. Bring this to your appointment.
What advising options are available?
- Face-to-face advising
- Required for your first appointment with the ECE advisor (V05 Administrative Hold).
- Required if you have an advising or probation hold (V03 Advising Hold or V06 Academic Probation).
- Required to receive permission to register for ECE 20200, ECE30200, or ECE48700.
- Anytime you prefer a face-to-face advising meeting.
- E-advising and advising by phone
- For your convenience, you can request a phone appointment or email your questions for many issues.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your University ID number.
- Use your official university email only.
- Walk-in advising
- Limited to 10 minutes each.
- For short, specific questions. Please make an appointment for questions related to academic planning and scheduling your next semester.
- On a "first come, first served" basis.