The minor in Electrical and Computer Engineering provides students in related science and engineering programs with the opportunity to gain fundamental knowledge in the field of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and to participate in interdisciplinary study. Completion of the ECE Minor will also prepare these students for graduate studies in ECE.
A total of 21 credit hours is required. A student must take at least 12 required credit hours in the ECE Department at IUPUI, and cannot count more than nine equivalent credit hours toward the ECE minor. The minor will be posted to the student's transcript concurrent with the major bachelor's degree.
Student must take all of the following courses (or equivalent courses) and receive at least a C grade for each course.
- ECE 20400 Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Circuits - 4 credit hours
- ECE 26100* Engineering Programming Lab l - 1 credit hour
- ECE 26300* Introduction to Computing in Electrical Engineering - 3 credit hours
- ECE 30100 Signals and Systems - 3 credit hours
- ECE 30200 Probabilistic Methods in Electrical Engineering - 3 credit hours
- ECE 36200 Microcomputer System Design and Applications - 4 credit hours
Students must take at least one of following courses (or equivalent courses) and receive at least a C grade for the course
- ECE 25500 Introduction to Electronics Analysis and Design - 3 credit hours
- ECE 32100 Electromechanical Motion Devices - 3 credit hours
- ECE 36500 Introduction to the Design of Digital Computers - 3 credit hours
- ECE 38200 Feedback System Analysis and Design - 3 credit hours
- ECE 44000 Transmission of Information - 4 credit hours
For more information, contact the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at (317) 274-9726.
*ECE 26300 and ECE 26100 are included on the Analytical Reasoning course list of the IUPUI General Education Core.