Admission to the M.S. in Cybersecurity & Trusted Systems Purdue University Degree Program at IUPUI
Below is detailed information for preparing the IUPUI graduate application. Following these guidelines will ensure prompt and efficient processing of your application.
First, prepare the application supporting materials in the following:
- Request One Current Recommendation for Graduate Admission. (Two recommendations are necessary, if your undergraduate GPA is below 3.00.)
Online recommendation is strongly preferred. Once you have added the name, title/position, and contact information of the recommender in the online application, an invitation for a recommendation will be sent automatically to the recommender. An individual writing your recommendation should be someone who is most able to comment on your professional skills and capabilities, intellectual abilities and scholastic skills, and work aptitudes and ethics, for example:
- Current or former manager
- Project leader
- Former professor/instructor, or
- Academic advisor
- Write a Statement of Puropose
Write a Statement of Purpose (limit 750 words) summarizing your academic background, professional experience, if relevant, and your educational goals and objectives. Describe how your educational training and/or work experiences and career goals and objectives have informed your decision to pursue graduate studies in cybersecurity.
- Request official transcript/s from all colleges/universities attended.
Official transcripts are required from schools of origin. Electronic versions of the transcripts are strongly preferred. Paper transcripts may delay processing. Transcripts that have been sent directly to you and/or handled by you are deemed unofficial. You should request that electronic transcript be delivered to Valerie Lim Diemer at email@example.com; telephone (317)-278-4961. Ask your university to send official transcripts electronically or by post to the mailing address at the end of this document.
- Current resume
Update your resume to include in your application.
- If applicable, provide proof of English language proficiency.
If your national language is not English and/or you have completed your undergraduate degree outside the USA in a non-English speaking country, you are required to submit proof of English proficiency by taking the TOEFL or IELTS exam. Refer to this English website for minimum test scores required for Purdue programs. Order the score report to be sent to IUPUI (Institution Code: 1325).
Next, follow these steps to fill out the online IU Graduate CAS Application:
- Click on IU Graduate CAS Application to access the online graduate application
- Create an account to login to the IU Graduate CAS application.
- Search for the program you wish to apply for admission by clicking the tab "Add Program".
- In the Search field, type in the name of the program MS Cybersecurity & Trusted Systems and select the one that says (P-CAP Apprentice only).
- Complete all required information in the order presented in the IU Graduate CAS Application
- Add the contact information for one recommender or two, if required.
- Following instructions provided in the online application, upload the following supporting documents to the application in .pdf file format:
- Copy of your transcript, if you have one. (Official transcripts from colleges/universities are required for formal admission and must be sent directly to the attention of Valerie Lim Diemer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume (highly recommended)
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS score report, only if applicable
- Submit your application
Information outlined in this document is also available at the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology MS in Cybersecurity & Trusted Systems program website. Any questions about the application can be directed to:
Valerie Lim Diemer
Director of Graduate Programs and Admissions
Purdue School of Engineering and Technology
Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
723 West Michigan Street, ET 215
Indianapolis, IN 46202