President & CEO
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Matt Eckert is the President & CEO at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and has been with the organization for 20 years. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari employs well over 2,000 employees and has been recognized as a World Leader in the Industry, attracting an average of over 1 million visitors each year since 2006.
Prior to joining Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Matt was a senior auditor with Arthur Andersen in the Indianapolis office, consulting clients in a variety of industries – Banking, Manufacturing, Service, Not for Profit and Retirement Plans.
Matt is a graduate of Indiana State University, where he obtained his Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Insurance and is a Certified Public Accountant. Matt serves on the following Boards and Organizations:
- Dean’s Executive Council for the School of Business at Indiana State University
- School Board of Trustees for Southeast Dubois School Corporation (Vice President)
- Board of Directors for the Indiana Chamber of Commerce
- Employment Law Policy Committee
- Workforce Development Committee
- Labor and Employment Committee
- Higher Education Policy Committee
- Strategic Planning Commission for the Catholic Diocese of Evansville
- Finance Committee Member for Divine Mercy Parish
- Board Member of the Dubois County Community Foundation - Finance Committee
- South Central Regional Advisory Member for German American Bank
- Certified Attractions Executive with the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA). In addition, Matt served several years on the Human Resources Committee for this International Association.
He resides in Schnellville, Indiana with his wife Tonya and three children – Abby, Claire and Drew.