CIT 34700/ 3 Cr.
This course will apply the ASP.NET framework to e-commerce applications. Advanced ASP.Net techniques will be covered such as Web services, ADO, LINQ, AJAX and security components.
- Available Online: Yes
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Visual Studio
Course Outcomes(What are these?)
- Develop advanced knowledge of C# and ASP.NET (CIT j)
- Create MVC applications (CIT i, j)
- Implement the Entity Framework and Unit of Work patterns (CIT i, m)
- Use LINQ to interact with database sources (CIT i, j)
- Utilize AJAX to enhance usability of a website (CIT i, j)
- Use Security and Authentication components (CIT m)
- Create and consume Web Services (CIT c)
CIT Student Outcomes(What are these?)
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
(j) An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies.
(m) An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- Developing MVC Applications
- Using Entity Framework
- Unit Testing
- Data Access with ADO & LINQ
- Web Services
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
4. Intellectual Depth, Breadth, and Adaptiveness