CIT 21200/ 3 Cr.
This course is designed to give students an introduction to web site design and site creation. The course involves learning current standard XHTML fundamentals, CSS and design concepts. The proper design approach for constructing Web sites and related techniques will also be covered.
- Available Online: Yes
- Credit by Exam: Yes
- Laptop Required: No
Recommended: CIT 11200 or computer literacy.
- IDE WebStorm
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
- Host a website on server (CIT 1,2)
- Understand Basic HTML Elements (CIT 2,3)
- Understand Styling using CSS (CIT 2)
- Website Layout (CIT 2)
CIT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
- (1) Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- (2) Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- (3) Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Introduction to Web and HTML
- Web Site Design Planning and Analysis
- HTML and CSS
- Limitations and Capabilities of a Web Authoring Tool
- Web Site Usability
- Final Web Site Project Creation
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
1b. Identify and propose solutions for problems using quantitative tools and reasoning.
1c. Make effective use of information resources and technology.
2. Critical Thinking
4. Intellectual Depth, Breadth, and Adaptiveness