Advanced Web Programming, Development and Data Integration
CGT 45600/ 3 Cr.
This course presents the advanced technologies available for use on the World Wide Web and within corporate intranet environments. Emphasis and discussion is focused on the advantages and disadvantages of these technologies as well as on implementation to create unique solutions for business and industry. Strategies for planning, development, and implementation will be discussed and demonstrated. Significant time is spent on advanced programming and scripting as well as manipulation and visualization of data from various sources, including robust database management systems. Students are required to plan, design and implement a major project.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 35600.
- Conceptualize, design and deliver a modern website (CGT b, c, i)
- Demonstrate User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) techniques and concepts (CGT b c, i)
- Design and deploy responsive interfaces for a variety of end users (CGT a, b, c, i)
- Develop custom websites utilizing the WordPress Content Management System (CGT b, c, i)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing and business requirements appropriate to its solution
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Best practices for establishing principles in User Interface design
- Flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity Web mockups
- Custom website design in WordPress
- WordPress basics, Plug-ins, themes, child themes, security, backups, settings, SEO, and analytics
- Deploying a WordPress site