Advanced Web Programming, Development and Data Integration
CGT 45600/ 3 Cr.
A continuation of CGT 35600 this course builds on the basic principles of web design and builds towards intermediate methods in web design and development. A course focusing on the development of modern websites through the usage of CSS/HTML and PHP programming languages. This course builds on the basic foundation that was established in CGT 35600 and extends those principles to the intermediate level. The course stresses development strategies for managing the rapidly changing information of corporations and organizations for just-in-time distribution, using authoring programs to create websites that utilize Content Management Systems. Significant time is spent on intermediate to advanced programming and scripting.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Conceptualize, design and deliver a modern website (CGT b, c, i)
- Demonstrate User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) techniques and concepts (CGT b c, i)
- Design and deploy responsive interfaces for a variety of end users (CGT a, b, c, i)
- Develop custom websites utilizing the WordPress Content Management System (CGT b, c, i)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing and business requirements appropriate to its solution
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Best practices for establishing principles in User Interface design
- Flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes and high fidelity Web mockups
- Custom website design in WordPress
- WordPress basics, Plug-ins, themes, child themes, security, backups, settings, SEO, and analytics
- Deploying a WordPress site