Multimedia Application Development
CGT 45100/ 3 Cr.
This course focuses on the development of applications that manipulate media assets. Significant time is spent on intermediate to advanced programming and scripting as well as the synchronization of aural and graphical components. Students are required to plan, design, and implement a major project, and a final presentation is required.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 35100.
- Adobe After Effects
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
- Identify and produce various typography related techniques (ABET a, b, i)
- Describe and produce various techniques in natural motion of 2D elements(ABET a, b, i)
- Describe various forms of keyframe interpolation, puppetry, masking and
painting (ABET a, b, i)
- Describe differences in color and how it relates to color theory (ABET a, b, i)
- Describe and produce the relational aspects of video, motion graphics, audio
and interaction (ABET a, b, c, f)
CGT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Project Planning
- Typography and Motion Principles
- Techniques for effective motion design
- Color Theory
- Compositing and shot composition