Technical Animation Production and Direction
CGT 44600/ 3 Cr.
A variety of commercial applications of technical animation and spatial graphics are analyzed and produced with special emphasis upon client development, design, organization, scripting, storyboarding, technical production, management, and evaluation.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 34100.
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe After Effects
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
- Identify and prepare various types of long form preproduction documents (ABET a, b)
- Identify the components and operate a professional camcorder setup (ABET a, e, h, g)
- Identify the components of and produce a multi camera setup (ABET a, c, d, h)
- Describe the various types of color scopes used in color correction and grading (ABET a, c, h)
- Describe the components and produce a short-form documentary (ABET a, b, g)
- Describe the process of keying out color and green screen use (ABET c)
CGT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(d) An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Preproduction - Alternative preproduction documentation
- Advanced camera operations
- Intermediate composition and camera use
- Advanced color space & scopes
- Color Key
- Audio cleanup and manipulation