Production for Computer Animation
CGT 44200/ 3 Cr.
An applied course covering advanced spline modeling techniques, lighting techniques, applied shading, motion dynamics and controllers, particle systems, application customization programming, and pre-production development and planning. In addition to developing a working knowledge of advanced techniques, a scholarly study of emerging advancements in computer animation and spatial graphics technology will be included.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 34100.
- Perform advanced animation, gesture, emotional and facial techniques within a digital character (CGT a, c i)
- Deliver production and portfolio quality simulations that deliver advanced aesthetics, and mastery of 3D production workflow (CGT c, f, i)
- Deliver gaming and environmental projects, film and short story projects and scientific simulation productions (CGT b, c, f, h, i)
- Create low resolution (Maya polygonals) and high resolution characters (ZBrush detailing) and production set pieces (CGT a, b, c, f, i)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing and business requirements appropriate to its solution
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Develop concepts from completed storyboards in animation/ simulation productions
- Create production timelines and conceptual papers that defines your approach
- Reference gathering
- Production: modeling and animation