Programming, Development, and Data Integration
CGT 35600/ 3 Cr.
A course focusing on the development of dynamic content and applications to facilitate information distribution. The course stresses development strategies for managing the rapidly changing information of corporations and organizations for just-in-time distribution, using authoring programs to create interactive multimedia products that utilize database management systems, file systems, and XML to provide a method for visualizing and manipulating that data. Significant time is spent on intermediate to advanced programming and scripting.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: (CIT 14100 or CGT 21500) and CGT 25100 or consent of instructor.
- Utilize web authoring tools (CGT b, c & i)
- Create static web pages using HTML 5 (CGT b, c, & i)
- Research, identify, and interact with online resources for continued professional development (CGT h)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Create static web pages using HTML 5
- Create pages using CSS for formatting and layout
- Use web authoring tools
- Understand the basic terminology used in web programming
- Design programs involving decision structures, loops, and functions