Interactive Multimedia Design
CGT 35100/ 3 Cr.
This course introduces the many facets of interactive multimedia design and production. Students are introduced to authoring programs used for information delivery with special attention focused on the integration of various media assets for communication. There is also concentration on the storage, management, and retrieval of media assets in a production environment. Considerable time is spent on the systematic design of interactive media products to meet specified goals of communication.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 25100.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Encore
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
- Identify the components of storytelling and how it relates to audiences (ABET, a, b)
- Understand basic principles of design and how it relates to branding (ABET, a, b)
- Identify the basic components of usability and testing environments (ABET, a, c, d, h)
- Produce a presentation outlining branding techniques in a booth experience (ABET, a, c, h, i)
- Produce interactive pieces for branding and product description purposes (ABET a, b, g, i)
CGT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(d) An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Project Planning
- Branding and Audience Understanding
- Client Relationships
- Usability and testing
- Basics in motion design and creation
- Output and dissemination for various mediums