Digital Lighting and Rendering for Computer Animation
CGT 34000/ 3 Cr.
The development of a working knowledge of perspective display of three-dimensional models and the resulting effects of projected light sources on shade, shadow, color, texture, and atmospheric effects in architecture, product illustration, and animation. Emphasis will be placed on lighting design, analysis, and photorealistic simulation for commercial graphic applications.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 29900 and have a good working knowledge of 3D modeling and basic animation techniques.
- Perform advanced texturing and lighting within a digital environment (CGT c, i)
- Deliver production and portfolio quality simulations that deliver advanced aesthetics and mastery of 3D production workflow (CGT c, f, i)
- Implement and discuss work in a 3D environment (CGT e, f, h)
- Develop the skills to model a 3D object to a high quality and efficient level of design (CGT c, i)
- Learn 3D concepts and techniques that work across all 3D software platforms (CGT c, f, i)
(c) An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- Three dimensional fundamentals of polygonal modeling
- Detailed ZBrush modeling
- UV unwrapping
- Texture painting
- Ambient occlusion (clay renders)
- Final rendering
- Advanced modeling