CGT 31800/ 3 Cr.
This course introduces students to industry standard practices of preproduction for animation, and demonstrates how these processes relate to the creation of large-scale graphics productions.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: MATH 221.
- Identify, evaluate, and solve written problems using visual techniques (CGT b)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different animation preproduction processes (CGT i)
- Demonstrate the ability to perform animation preproduction research and development (CGT b & i)
- Develop the successful conceptualization and design of background environments (CGT i)
- Develop the successful conceptualization and design of story characters (CGT i)
- Identify, evaluate, and understand the impact of storytelling through cameras and cinematography principles (CGT i)
- Develop a completed storyboard sequence (CGT i)
- Develop a completed color script (CGT i)
- Identify, evaluate, and utilize industry standard graphics software (CGT i)
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing and business requirements appropriate to its solution
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice