Select Topics in Computer Graphics: Portfolio Presentation
CGT 29900/ 2 Cr.
This course has been designed to introduce students to the standard practices used in business and industry to identify potential employees in graphics related positions. Lectures will cover professional conduct when searching for employment and graphics standards expected in a professionally developed portfolio. Hours and subject matter to be arranged by staff.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
P: CGT 21600
P or C: CGT 24100, CGT 25100 & TCM 25000
- Identify, evaluate, and select individual pieces of the student’s own work to be included in a professional portfolio (CGT h)
- Evaluate and select the appropriate technology to create an online portfolio which can be sent to potential employers during position internship and job searches (CGT h)
- Explain the value in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development in their chosen field and how this goal may be accomplished (CGT h)
- Identify internship opportunities, both locally and nationally (CGT h)
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Acquiring a professional domain for a portfolio site
- Publishing an online portfolio site
- Selecting the appropriate portfolio work, quantity and quality
- Criticism and improvement of portfolio work
- Researching, identifying, and documenting local and national internship opportunities