Vector Imaging for Computer Graphics
CGT 21600/ 3 Cr.
Full-color vector illustrations for a variety of uses are produced using computer methods. Color theory, surface analysis, and rendering techniques are emphasized as they apply to vector-based illustrations.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Master the principles of creativity as they pertain to graphics design (CGT b, f, & i)
- Demonstrate their techniques for effective ideation and creative brainstorming (CGT b, f, & i)
- Students will successfully execute design projects established in current multimedia technologies and best practices (CGT b, e, f, & i)
- Use appropriate design vocabulary utilizing the concepts of visual grammar and marketing language (CGT b, e, f, & i)
- Explain and demonstrate the importance of deadlines in a production schedule (CGT e)
- Produce quality design pieces for their student portfolios (CGT f)
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing and business requirements appropriate to its solution.
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Elements of art and principles of design as they pertain to layout
- Standards of print design
- Grid-based layout for online design
- Effective strategy in layout
- Creative brainstorming