An Intro to Themed Attraction Design
CGT 20400/ 3 Cr.
An introduction to immersive attraction; including the consideration of operations, graphics, engineering, technology and design. Students will apply their knowledge in narration and graphic principles to concept projects in immersive spaces.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Gain an overview of the themed attraction industry (CGT i)
2. Articulate the scope of a project, the audience and the goals of the project (CGT e & i)
3. Learn about the various components of a themed experience (CGT i)
4. Articulate the process of planning a project (CGT e & i)
CGT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- How Raster Imaging Works: Pixels Make the World Go Round!
- Understanding Photoshop’s Interface and Layout
- Opening an Existing Image/Starting a New Image
- Copying Background Images
- Raster Image File Formats
- Using Layers
- Image Adjustments
- Image Enhancement Techniques
- Image Restoration Techniques: What to Save and What to Toss!
- Image Alignment
- Using Filters to Create Textures
- Wrapping Images on 3D Objects