Introduction to Computer Graphics Technology
CGT 10100/ 3 Cr.
This course provides an introduction to and a survey of the discipline of computer graphics. The topics include a survey of the applications of computer graphics, the knowledge base and history of computer graphics, an examination of computer graphics technologies and careers as well as an overview of available resources for study and research in computer graphics.
- Available Online: No
- Credit by Exam: No
- Laptop Required: Yes
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Photoshop
- Windows Movie Maker
- Students preference downloads
Course Outcomes (What are these?)
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the impact that computer graphics is making on the world (CGT e & g)
- Define diverse deliverables pertinent to a graphics project in various areas of visual communications (CGT b & f)
- Be able to research topics on the Web that deal with different topics within the field of computer graphics (CGT b & i)
- Present their completed assignments in a professional manner to a group of peers and professionals (CGT f & i)
- Identify and explain the contributions to computer graphics that were made by diverse individuals (CGT e, f & g)
- Express their personal opinions clearly in class discussions at each session and explain where they believe their career is headed and have created a plan on how to reach their career goals (CGT e, f & g)
CGT Student Outcomes (What are these?)
(b) An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
(e) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
(i) An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- What Technology Is and Isn’t
- CGT Career Paths
- Achieving Academic Success
- Ethics and Legal Issues in Computer Graphics
- What Computers Can and Cannot Do….How They Work!
- Communication and its Many Faces
- The Web Mirrors Truth and Fiction
- Forensic Imaging and Criminal Investigation
- What Will Be the Next Great Step in Computer Graphics?
- How Computer Graphics is Being Used to Raise the Quality of Life of People Around the World
- What’s Real in Imaging?
- Animation History
- Special Effects and How They are Generated